Manage Continuing Legal Education (CLE) compliance and bar renewal process for all Illinois licensed MB attorneys. Coordinate with local offices to process state bar renewals, bar dues payments, good standing status record-keeping and CLE compliance for CA, NC, NY, and DC. Coordinate accreditation of internal and external CLE programs. Coordinate delivery of internal CLE certificates to US lawyers for programs hosted in CHI. Primary CLE contact for course accreditation of Marketing sponsored CLE programs.
MCLE Illinois Lawyers:
• Maintain database for tracking CLE compliance status of our Illinois licensed attorneys; input CLE credit information for attorneys and course management.
• Prepare reports for management on attorneys not in compliance with CLE requirements.
• Master information regarding Illinois state CLE regulations and monitor for updates.
• Manage Illinois MCLE Accredited Provider renewal process including quarterly and annual reports.
• Draft communications to attorneys on rules, CLE course credit awards, updates on regulations, upcoming programs, deadlines, compliance status, etc. for all MB attorneys admitted to the Illinois bar
• Assist Chicago lawyers with application process to state bars for individual course credit for non-MB jurisdictions.
• Assist in ensuring in-house course offerings meet CLE requirements.
• Maintain course materials and attendance records as required by CLE rules.
• Analyze external CLE program attendance and administer external course reimbursement policies and procedures for CHI MB lawyers.
• Develop contacts with CLE professionals in Chicago area and various state agencies. State Bar Renewal & Good Standing Status for Illinois Lawyers.
• Track state bar renewal status for attorneys in Illinois and confirm good standing.
• Work with Attorney Personnel to update Firm records for new (additional) state bar admission information including bar numbers, date admitted, etc.
• Coordinate timely payment of all state bar membership dues and update Firm records.
• Identify attorneys delinquent with bar dues payments.
• Manage Illinois ARDC electronic Firm roster.
National Support for US Lawyers:
• Liaise with CLE contacts in other offices for multi-office programs and events.
• Serve as expert in CE (continuing education) Manager database administration procedures for US offices.
• Liaise with local office to process and monitor timely state bar renewal, good standing status recordkeeping and compliance for U.S. attorneys in CA, NC, NY, and WDC.
• Liaise with local office to coordinate timely payment of state bar membership dues in additional jurisdictions and update Firm records accordingly.
• Prepare reports for local office contacts on lawyers in CA, NC, NY, and WDC offices who are delinquent with CLE compliance or bar dues payments.
• Manage WLEC and PLI attorney access roster for US licensed MB lawyers not in US offices.
• Primary CLE contact for course accreditation of Marketing sponsored CLE programs for clients and internal lawyers.
• Ensure that external course offerings meet CLE requirements.
• Coordinate with other offices for CLE accreditation in other states as needed.
• Maintain database for tracking external programming and attendance.
- 4+ years law firm or professional services firm administration experience required
- Database and Web applications experience required
- Must have strong computer skills
- 4 year degree strongly preferred
- Library science or database administration a plus
- Experience using CE Manager and PCAM (IL MCLE) systems preferred; general MCLE or CPE knowledge preferred
- Self starter and independent worker; Excellent attention to detail skills required; Ability to read, understand and interpret CLE regulations; Strong communication skills needed for oral and written exchanges with attorneys, staff, and CLE Regulating Agencies; service oriented (responsive to inquiries, independent problem solver, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds