Assistant, Professional Development and Training
Shearman & Sterling LLP
New York, NY
Posted May 23, 2012
Shearman & Sterling LLP is seeking an Assistant to join its Professional Development & Training team in New York. Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. The subject line should reference PDT2.
Summary of Position:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: entering MCLE program information into CE Manager, the firm’s MCLE tracking database, and general database administration; responding to requests for DVDs from firm lawyers, alumni and clients; registering lawyers for external training programs; maintaining the Development Team calendar; assisting with maintaining global training calendar and updating PD&T Intranet pages; processing payment of department invoices and assisting with tracking PD&T budget; tracking and reporting data on firm training programs and related initiatives; assisting with the coordination of PD&T training programs and global lawyer conferences; and assisting the Development team, generally.
· Strong computer skills – knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Detail-oriented, organized and able to multi-task
· Strong communication skills, oral and written
· Ability to work in a professional manner
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Client-service oriented
· Proactive and able to work independently to maintain lists, process, etc.
· Knowledge of MCLE rules and regulations preferred
· Knowledge of CE Manager (or similar MCLE tracking databases) preferred
· Ability to work extended hours when necessary
· 1-3 years of law firm or professional development experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Database experience preferred
About Shearman & Sterling LLP:
Shearman & Sterling LLP remains at the forefront of the legal profession since its founding in 1873. Anticipating the forces that affect business and responding to our clients’ needs has been one of our greatest strengths. Our extensive international platform enables us to represent clients from offices in the world’s key financial centers. Today, we advise leading corporations, financial institutions, governments, and state-owned enterprises on the legal matters they face around the globe. The firm’s pioneering spirit has created a diverse foundation and legal practice of unsurpassed global reach.
Shearman & Sterling LLP is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race or color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender or gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Up to Top