The Attorney Development Department handles all aspects of attorney development initiatives including first year and lateral associate orientation programs, mentoring, evaluations, compensation, pro bono and general attorney policies.
· Coordinate orientation, arrival and departure procedures for all attorneys.
· Direct attorneys to resources within the Firm to help resolve concerns or issues and coordinate available resources to find solutions.
· Help coordinate first year associate program
· Assist with alumni outreach
· Coordinate intramural sports, quarterly associate rewards programs and other associate programming
· Perform ongoing administrative tasks for the department such as:
· Update budget tracking spreadsheets and other department reports
· Department correspondence
· Maintain files
· Data entry and database maintenance
· Coordinate and attend attorney functions and is a visible part of the Firm culture.
· Provide phone coverage.
· Assist Director in various projects
The ideal candidate for this position must:
· have a Bachelor’s Degree
· have 1+ years experience working in a professional environment
· have strong familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint a plus
· have excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills
· have a professional demeanor
· have experience in filing systems
· have the ability to work collaboratively with others and interact with all levels of staff
· have the ability to act with the highest level of discretion